Repton School in Derbyshire invited us to remodel and refurbish their Grade II listed reception facility. The project will be take place at the Old Gate House over Easter and will include a new re-designed layout incorporating bespoke storage areas and a specially-made curved Corian reception desk.
Other elements include new flooring, decoration, the waiting area, bespoke feature lighting, and signage. The works will modernise the facility while maintaining the great history of the school, which was founded in 1557, with sympathetic design features and applications.
Our team scored a great goal in completing our latest project at the City Ground on time and on budget!
WorkBox were invited to refurbish the offices for the Nottingham Forest Community Trust based at the Trent-side stadium site. The scope of works included new furniture, decoration, ventilation, extraction and new flooring, all completed within a short timescale.
The Trust, established as a charity in October 2010, runs the club’s community programme. The department has been delivering a wide range of football related physical and educational activities across Nottinghamshire since 1990.
WorkBox managing director, Stuart Thacker, said: “Community and education are values we strongly believe in at WorkBox. We were delighted to work on this project contributing to our continuous working partnership with Nottingham Forest FC.”
A handcrafted feature wall made of slate has been built by our team. The stunning grey slate wall was constructed as part of ongoing fit out work for Band Hatton Button in Coventry. The well known law firm are moving into new offices in the city centre this spring and tasked WorkBox with fitting out the new premises. The state of the art design will feature glass partition walls in the open plan office space as well as the bespoke slate feature wall in the reception area.
Our team will be spending four months on site for one of our esteemed clients as work starts this week on a new office fit out project. Schneider Electric have asked us to fit out the three-storey building in Hatfield. A full programme of works will include a new office environment to accommodate 90 staff, meeting rooms, a laboratory, photographic room, huddle rooms, and breakout space. The build project will also involve new partitioning with full height doors and frameless glass, new floor coverings, power and data, LED lighting, access control, new office furniture, air conditioning and a new ventilation system.
The three metre by three metre doors were successfully installed in a series of projects at their head office in Nottingham. The completed works included a refurbishment of the male toilets at the Bugman’s Bar and Restaurant, which we also successfully fitted out late last year. This included redesigning the facility to incorporate increased facilities and fitting new urinals, toilets and washbasins. New bespoke IPS panels were fitted in the bathrooms as well as flooring, decoration and LED lighting.
We also created and fitted two new meeting rooms, carried out office refurbishment works and a fit out of an existing area into additional internal space within the client’s Tooling department. Also an existing external storage facility was ‘brought inside’ by incorporated new partitioning, flooring, decoration, power and data as well as ceilings and the huge new doors which were made to measure! The new facility within the client’s Tooling department now forms part of the overall space seamlessly adjoining existing operational space.
Extensive suspended ceiling works for the Photographic department incorporating part black grid and tiles were also successfully carried out. Working with the client’s air conditioning contractor the new ceilings were designed around ceiling cassettes units and their supplies. These works were completed a week earlier than planned and on budget. Other projects completed included the refurbishment of the Moot which was a large presentation and gaming area that needed major works to adapt it to our client’s new requirements. This included the removal of a large blockwork perimeter wall five metres high and the addition of new ceilings and lighting as well as internal decoration.
The worldwide HQ for Games Workshop: Warhammer World is open seven days a week and serves food and drink to gamers and visitors from all over the globe.
#gamers #warhammerworld #gamesworkshop #worldHQ #josefbugman #restrooms #lunchbreak #foodanddrink #lentonlane #ogreburger #forgeworld #blacklibrary #ageofsigmar #warhammer40000
Fit out and construction work is progressing well at new office premises for a Coventry law firm.
The WorkBox team have been busy transforming the blank shell and breathing life into the office space for Band Hatton Button. We’ve been constructing the new walls and glass partitions in the new open plan building which will also include an eye-catching reception area with slate/living feature wall.
The new offices will cater for 100 staff, including reception/client area, with meeting rooms, furniture, kitchens and toilets.
Our crew were busy bees this half term continuing with ongoing refurbishment work at Robert Smyth Academy in Market Harborough. Following the successful fit out of the classrooms, meeting rooms, staff room and new training facility in the summer, WorkBox were pleased to be back on site carrying out further refurbishment of the staff toilets, redecoration of the staircase and Acroyn wall protection to the corridors. We also fitted new doors leading to the classrooms on two floors. Further work is already planned for the Easter break at the school.
Are you looking for a new challenge in 2019? We are expanding and looking for a new team member to join WorkBox!
Salary: £25-£35K Depending on Experience
37.5 hrs per week
Purpose of Role:
WorkBox is an expanding company that specialises in commercial property design & fit out, refurbishment, civil work and office furniture supply. The post holder will be required to provide total support to a demanding Project Team. The role will also require the successful applicant to maintain positive relationships with clients, contractors and other suppliers on an on-going basis. The position will be mainly office based in the office with site visits where necessary.
To provide estimating services, cost management, purchasing, project support and supply chain management for large and small projects.
The role will include, but not be limited to:
• Analysis of client tender and specification documents
• Estimating work of all sizes fit out, construction and furniture
• Breakdown of key joinery and building packages into labour and materials
• Packaging, tendering and analysis of sub-contractor packages
• Supplier negotiation
• Materials research, procurement and supply
• Attend client tender meetings
• Prepare budgets
• Prepare and finalise tender documents and presentations with the Commercial Team
• Produce project programmes for tender submissions
• Site visits to monitor progress, valuations and small works
• Liaison with Architects & Designers to obtain full design information to tender
• Liaison with the Project Manager to ensure “Total Project Management”
• Liaison with the Accounts in regards to financial forecasting
• Any other reasonable duties
• Management of supply chain and supplier performance in conjunction with Project Manager
• Professional in appearance and manner
• Articulate, professional and able to communicate at all levels
• Confident communicator (both written & verbal)
• Precise Organiser
• Able to demonstrate outstanding initiative, excellent organisational skills of self and others, within a demanding and ever-changing environment
• Excellence in the use of all MS Office applications and ICT infrastructure
• Demonstrates flexibility and adaptability
• A highly self-motivated and hard-working individual
• Trust-worthy and reliable
• High levels of attention to detail are essential
• An excellent standard of numerical ability and financial management is essential
• Willing and confident in taking decisions in order to progress work in the interests of the business and its clients
• Able to organise and prioritise workload
• Have a “self-start” mentality and work on initiative is essential
• Forthright attitude and able to speak one’s mind
• Ability to challenge procedure
• Initiative to investigate alternative ways of working
• Experience in estimating of fit out work and construction
• Proven track record with in excess of 5-6 years experience in a similar role and environment
• Sound knowledge of construction techniques and materials
• Experience in reading technical drawings and specification
• Experience in working on complicated multi-faceted projects
• Have knowledge of CDM regulations and the responsibilities on the contractor
• The post would suit someone willing to take the next step in their career to lead the costing function within a construction business.
Please send your CV and relevant experience details to: email@example.com
Work has started this month for a Coventry law company moving to new premises this spring.
The WorkBox team are bringing office space to life at Band Hatton Button for more than 100 staff, incorporating reception/client areas which include meeting rooms, furniture, kitchens and toilets.
Our team designed the new layout which includes the construction of new walls and glass partitions in the new open plan building and an eye catching reception area with slate/living feature wall. The process also involved space planning with the creation of eight meeting rooms, new flooring, artwork walls and new furniture throughout.
Further work is being carried out in a second building to create a new boardroom, new kitchenette and a client waiting area. The project is expected to be completed before the summer.
Project Manager, Nicki Brotherston, said: “This is an exciting project for us to design and create a dynamic workspace for a valued client. We were given a blank canvas and have produced an office with room for expansion to be enjoyed for years to come.”